Friday, March 10, 2006

Mostly a down day...

I usually like to start with the good news...especially when my day started off with some bad news...

One Up: I was lucky enough to get Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED training today. I know it doesn't seem like much. Getting a little bit of training when you have lots of unbillable time at work is a great relief of the tedium (i.e. it gave me something to do!!! :)). Plus, I hope it's training I never have to use, so it seems odd to count it as an up. But it was interesting.

One (Major) Down: One of my best friends when I was getting my masters degree just had her first child. Normally, I would call this a major up...unfortunately, that cannot be the case. She had little Luke on Wednesday night after almost 20 hours of labor, at which time they decided he wasn't coming on his own and they performed a Caesarian to bring the little guy into the world. Obviously, after 20 hours, there were two extremely tuckered out and beat up individuals, plus lots of worried friends and family. This morning (Friday), they had to put the little one in NIC (lungs problem). Not a good way to start the day. If you believe in the power of prayer, give him one. If not, please keep him in your thoughts. I know that bad things happen to good people, but the little guy hasn't even had a real chance to be good or bad yet...

Two (pretty major) Down: I finally discussed seriously with one of my hunting partners about the possibility of purchasing some hunting land together. There is a back story, but that's a little personal to be putting out there for the world to see. Unfortunately, the deal is out the door. No real possibility of making our old plan happen at this point. And no real hope of a new plan on the horizon. Guess I'll just have to plan on spending my money on a house instead of hunting land...

Seems the down outweighs the up right now...:(

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger J said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day, but I am happy that you're blogging, and I like knowing how your day went.

Hope your weekend is better.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zeke,

Consider the prayer made... though I think your care and compassion for the small soul is probably the best prayer there may be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home