Saturday, June 17, 2006

Cleaning up the PVR

You know, I had this goal when I built my PVR: Record every CSI: Crime Scene Investigation ever made (yes, only the Las Vegas one, the other spin-offs bore me).

I was stunned today when I got done cleaning the PVR off. I have actually recorded a majority of them at this point. I believe I have something like 7 more episodes from Season 1, about 17 from Season 2 and a bunch from this last season (6) because I got the PVR running in the middle of the season. I have 100 episodes on DVD at this point, in the PVR format of .nuv, 2 at a time, organized from Episode 1 thru 140 (with some obvious gaps listed above). I also have about 10 still sitting on the machine waiting on their "partner" or second numerical episode to be recorded so I can record them on DVD's and keep them organized. Note: The .nuv format does not work in a DVD player, but I have encoder software that I can use if I ever need to. The .nuv format just hides the .avi format.

I also had a crapload of 2-1/2 Men that I just went ahead and nuked (while I love the show, it is also just a sitcom), a bunch of The Outer Limits (favorite of the Sci Fi/Fantasy freak shows), a couple of Twilight Zones (just don't like as much as the Limits), and some of the new BSG.

Speaking of BSG, you have to be careful about telling your PVR/Tivo to record ALL episodes of BSG. You get the campy old 70's version episodes. I used to love that show, now it is an irritant. It, for whatever reason, is nothing compared to the new show. (Well, I can name FIVE reasons for me: Kandyse McClure, Tricia Helfer, Katee Sackhoff, Leah Cairns and Grace Park. ;-) That is one FINE looking cast!).

I really like my PVR...it let's me actually watch the Daily Show (I am usually trying to fall asleep when it comes on).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home