Sunday, June 11, 2006

Old rule, reiterated loudly and firmly

Warning to anyone offended by discussions of body hair: Stop reading after "...cage." TMI

Okay, here's the deal. I love pets, I really do. But one of the reasons I don't have one is that they shed. A lot. And then you have to vacuum. And then they shed some more. Then you give up and deal with the tufts of hair left everywhere. I remember this from my cat.

Old Rule, more loudly and firmly: Pets with any kind of hair or feathers are not welcome in the passenger compartment of my new car. It's going to be bad enough cleaning up my own silver/white hair off of the black upholstery, I don't need to be fighting trying to get Fido's or Fifi's (or even a Fizzy's - sorry C & C :) ) hair off of it as well. I just spent the better part of the last hour trying to clean up the upholstery in it today (key word in that last sentence is "trying").

In a cage/box in the bed of my old truck or trunk of the new car = okay. Passenger compartments of either = no good, even in a cage.

You know, with as hairy as I am, you'd think I wouldn't mind the extra hair laying around. Problem is, I think my own shedding is gross enough, having a hairy animal around just multiplies the problem.

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fizzy says she would not even consider riding with you anyway.....
(Then she turned up her pink little nose and walked away.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home