Sunday, June 04, 2006

Wow, what a week...

If you look at my last post, it says it got posted on Monday, May 29. Well, that's actually when I started to write it, so to be honest, I just posted it today.

Tuesday, I get to work, and am immediately sent out to Walworth county here in WI for a quick little setup visit. I really don't like contractors that call on Friday afternoon before a long weekend and expect you to be somewhere 2 hours away right away on Monday morning (especially when you leave for the day on Friday at noon). Not cool, so that was a stressful day.

Wednesday, I had a great meal at C's parental unit's house, visiting with his sister and two nieces. Very cool. I got mugged again (K gives great hugs :)). And K and L have this little sibling rivalry thing going on, so they showered me with lots of attention and game playing (I am nowhere near as good at "pretending" as I used to be, bummer).

Thursday was the same old, same old.

Friday, I got "sick" and visited with another possible new employer. Actually, I was a bit sick, but it probably wasn't enough to keep me home normally. They kind of ticked me off, because they cannot hire right now, and quite honestly, I'm not sure I would want to work there right now. You see, the old head guy, that I was kind of counting on being there, has left their company. They are in that "transition" phase, so it could get kind of ugly in that specific office over the next year or so.

Saturday, well, it was pretty freaking eventful. I went and looked at a friend's car that she was trying to sell. A nifty little Toyota Corolla. I am very excited, I decided to get it. She had a mechanic give it the "once over", I looked at pretty much every nook and cranny myself (looking for leaks is very important in a used car), I took it for a test drive and well, as they say, the rest is history. It will be mine here in a week or so when she and I can get our stuff together and meet so I can actually take possession of the vehicle.

Saturday was also the "last" poker party for the ML group of folks that I will probably attend (I say probably because "ever" is too long a time, something might come up). I lost money to these people (AGAIN - I never thought these ministerial types were thieves, but then, only the Eviscerator was actually a ministerial type at the table, the rest were partners of ministerial types - hmm, you ministerial types might want to watch your wallets :) you are in love with thieves!!! :) ).

Today, I went and picked up my 'rents at the airport. The airline lost their luggage...NICE!

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you have at parental unit's house? (Bloggers, for reasons I do not know, but fully support, love to write and read about good food.)

Not good at pretending? OH NO! Horrors! The engineering has caused some atrophy in your imagination muscle. Don't let that happen!!! I prescribe RPG games. (You know, the ones you gave up so many years ago.) See me later this year for a regular dose of imagination-exercise.

Can I just say how cool it is that you called her a friend and not a friend of a friend. FANTASTIC. Love it when the social circles not only interact but begin to overlap.

We aren't thieves... we are, however, in the tithing biz. If it helps, you may consideder "giving" us money as a spiritual practice. And our spartners? Well, they are adept at finding financial resources to suplement our oh-so-large ministerial salaries (it is better after we get out of seminary-- but still not the TV Evangelist levels that some people seem to assume.)
You used to win, you know. Not my fault you are falling out of practice.
And I hear rumors that C is planning to continue the monthly games. Some of the ML folks might make the trip north to the Dairy Promised Land.


Did the 'rents get their luggage back?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home