Saturday, March 18, 2006

Hijacking the Internet

That is the title of an editorial in PC Magazine by John C. Dvorak.

Here is a link to the article: Hijacking the Internet

(This is the first time I've tried linking an article, so if it doesn't work, please tell me so I can try again).

This is important stuff, people. I've heard some of your discussions about different things and how they are socially unjust. This is one of them. Look beyond the monetary issues he brings up, look to who the monetary issues will truly and deeply hurt. I'm thinking school districts off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are plenty of others that you can come up with better than I.

While I typically am not against big business (a lot of my company's clients are big business or government), I am against any possibility of choking off information. And I see that as a definite possible fallout of what is discussed in his editorial.

Edit: I should have kept reading my magazine. This article was on the next page after the one above. Any Skype user's out there that use it's conferencing capabilities? Have a Mac older than the newest (i.e. using the PPC)? How about people like me, who use AMD processors? I guess Intel is pissed 'cause their losing ground to AMD in the technology race. This shouldn't be that big a deal to the common user, but I call BULLSHIT!!! on Intel and Skype.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home