Sunday, March 26, 2006

It's working but...

Well, I got the MythTV setup working on my spare box. However, due to the fact that I have a very, very old TV tuner card in it, it is not as capable as I would like. Sound is not very good (compared to what I am used to) and the video tuner can only pump out resolutions in the 320x480 range (for those of you who may have played Diablo or Diablo II, that resolution was 640x480 as a comparison).

They have other tv tuner cards out there, and if I want to be very happy with my setup, I'll have to get one. Alas, probably not until I get back from Vegas and know exactly where I stand with my spending money will I be able to do that.

At least I know I can do it now, so at least I have the knowledge of how to setup the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home