Monday, June 19, 2006

Road Closed to Thru Traffic

Okay, this is a rant and I am trying to be nice about it.

How many times have you seen the sign in road construction orange that say "Road Closed to Thru Traffic"? How many times have you gone ahead and driven through anyway?

What this sign means is - if you don't live or have business (shopping, friends house, etc) in the construction zone behind the sign - don't go in there. Flat out, point blank, don't effing go in there. There is a reason the signs are up, there is a danger to you or the construction crews if you continue.

FISHTABs and FIB's have a tendency to think there is no reason for this construction, and what the f* are the orange signs and barrels anyway? They seem to be in my path, well, I'll just drive around, I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

Right as they completely f*up about 2-3 hours worth of work for 8 guys (think about it people, that's 2-3 days worth of man hours!!!! 1 day is worth about $250 - no it isn't much when taken out of the big "state" pot, but how about we take it out of your wallet?)

Now the emotional plea to those who know me - imagine it is me in every construction zone and SLOW THE FUCK DOWN! Going past me at 60 MPH is not a big deal to me when I have a nice concrete barrier between your car and me. Going past me at 60 MPH within less than a foot of me and no barrier scares me! Please don't do it, I don't like being scared for my life! Would it be alright if I drove a 4000 pound vehicle through your office when you are just trying to make a decent living?

Thanks

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention that, Zeke. Ever since I learned about the nature of your job (being on construction sites) my driving behavior around work zones has changed. I do think of you, and I slow down to the posted limit.
No plea necessary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home