Saturday, April 08, 2006

MythTV setup

Finally, I have it working. It is recording as I write this.

Question for those Tivo users out there: how many shows can you record at one time, and can you watch "live TV" while you are recording a show? In other words, how many inputs can you deal with on the Tivo?

I have one, and it, well kind of sucks. I'd like to be able to watch one show/record another or maybe even record at least two shows at one time. I can do that, but I'd kind of like to know what the Tivo can do, maybe get close to those capabilities.

I know I'll need another hard drive, but I want an idea of number of tuners.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No expert on this... you need the Minister of Microchips for that. But, you can only record one signal at a time on a Tivo-- as I understand it. You can watch something you have recorded while something else is being recorded, but you can't watch a different channel while another channel is being recorded.

I seem to remember the MoM setting up a splitter that allowed this when I first hooked up my first Tivo-- but that was years ago.

Good luck, dude. Let me know if you need the MoM's email address (she answers e-prayers regularly).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home