Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A gift...

Tonight, I gave blood. I don't know if I've said this on this blog before, but I'll probably say it again: If you are healthy and capable, please give. It doesn't take any time really (1 hour every 2 months), and it is such a small thing that could turn out huge.

Anyway, I got a great gift back. About 15 minutes talking with the nice lady volunteer at the blood bank. Her name is Rose Marie, which just happens to be my mother's name (well, to other people, she's still Mom to me! :) ). She's 78 years old and has lived a wonderful life. I won't give all the details here, but it was amazing to just get and sit with someone and talk about "stuff" - nothing substantial, like at work, just life.

Thank you, Rose Marie, for a wonderful 15 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home