Friday, October 13, 2006

Grandma

Grandma passed on this morning, just after midnite.

I am honored - I will be a pallbearer, along with my brother and a few cousins. She carried me around when I was little, now I get to help carry her to her final resting spot.

Mom's doing better than I thought she would be this morning, but I still might take a ride down to see her tomorrow. I think she's all cried out-not that she doesn't need to cry and grieve more, but more she's dehydrated as she's dropped a lot of tears already this week. I think her crying bone might be all wore out for a while.

This will sound bad, but I'm glad Dad had already been through this (he lost his parents almost 40 years ago). I don't have a clue what it would be like to lose a parent, so I don't know how bad it hurts, or how scary it is (I gotta believe it's scary as all hell - you're on your own now, live without a net). He does and I hope he can help her through this - she lost her dad a while back, but she was much closer to her mom.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zeke,

My condolences to you and to your family. Know that we are here for you if you need us. Just say the word. (And if you don't say a word, we'll call you anyway.)
If you need to talk about it, we do have some direct and indirect experience with the grief that relates to the death of a parent.

Take care, friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home