Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My new home

I am in my new home in Appleton.

It's pretty cool. There are always some downsides, but this one has very few.

1. The trains - well, with the windows closed in the apartment, it really isn't that bad. You can hear the whistle pretty loud, but if you are a fairly heavy sleeper like me, you kind of wake up and do the "wha? huh? oh, tra-snore" routine when it goes by. Windows open, totally different story. I damn near jumped out of my skin when one went by today.

2. Dirty - unfortunately, I think this apartment has been vacant for a while (probably 1. above). So it has basically collected dust and grime for the last few months. All of the vinyl floors and countertops need to be re-cleaned, and I don't think the carpet has ever been cleaned (it's filthy - I like to go barefoot, and, well, the bottoms of my feet have been black the last couple of days). I have my parents carpet steamer, so I've been cleaning rooms as they get cleared of stuff.

Outside of those, everything is good. The building is very new (something like 2 years old), so all of the appliances are new and work well. The walls don't have the typical scars in them yet. It has to be the nicest place I've ever lived in outside of my parent's homes.

It feels like it is going to take me a year just to un-pack. Between working all the time this week and being gassed when I'm not working, well, it is very depressing looking at the pile of stuff that is still in boxes. Oh, well, it'll get there - I have the vitals done. I can sleep (bedroom is basically unpacked), I can safely and cleanly do the other of the 3 s's in the morning (bathroom is basically unpacked). And I can eat (outside of non-essential utensils, such as deep fryer, etc - kitchen is unpacked).

When I get done, maybe I'll post some photos for laughs - I'm a stereotypical bachelor when it comes to decorating a home - incredibly spartan, and yet cluttered (no "trinkets and junk/knick knacks and crap", just lots of stuff scattered about).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home