Friday, August 18, 2006

Holy f'd up body, Batman!

Made it through the first week on the new project up in Appleton. All my pieces and parts are where they are supposed to be - all jokes aside, that is my first priority.

But HOLY SHIT is my body schedule completely FUCKED right now. Sleep, well, that should be obvious, I was working 6 pm to 6 am, so that's about exactly opposite to my normal schedule. But what's surprising me is my digestive reaction...umm, not too much detail, but normally I'm pretty regular, as it were. Not right now, let me tell you. And I'm hungry all over the place. Sometimes at 3 am, sometimes at "normal" lunch/dinner/breakfast times, sometimes just out of the blue. It's screwing up my sleeping even worse (I don't sleep well when my belly is rumbling).

I think I found an apartment (just waiting on my boss right now to sign a lease up there). A place with a walkin to the kitchen from the 1 car garage. $615/month. Heat INCLUDED!!! For those of you not from a cold place like WI, that is HUGE!!! A fireplace, 2 bedroom, washer and dryer in unit. Basically, in Madtown, a place like this would go for somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000 without heat. Only one problem, and this is the one that will keep overnight visitors away (and will screw with me the first month or so I'm there) - my apartment is about 50 ft (tops) away from an operating train line. I know that I'll get used to it. I've found that I can sleep through almost anything once my body knows what is what. But if I'm just staying for a night or two, I would hardly get a wink with a couple of trains going by.

Oh, and I have an interview on Tuesday next week in the morning - C, if you ever meet my current boss (unlikely, but still), you were up there doing some sort of ministerial thing that I didn't understand and we were hanging out on Tuesday morning after I got off of work. I hate to use my friends as excuses, but I needed something...my current boss is going to visit sometime this week and I wanted him to know that Tuesday was out.

About the interview though, I may have to make the choice to basically screw my father to take the job. The guy who called me didn't react really very well when I said I was committed to finishing the job I am working on now. If that becomes a deal-breaker, I'll quit in the middle of this job - which will completely screw my father and co-workers. But hey, my old co-worker (the one who just quit) screwed me up, why not me screw someone else up? I have to talk with Dad this weekend about it...he's usually not real big on people not following through on the commitments/promises they made (anybody wonder why I'm very careful about making promises?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home