Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Muscles

I went for a bike ride this morning for my cardiovascular workout. 1st bike ride I've been on in years. I have a feeling (I'm starting to sense it right now) that tomorrow is going to be one of those days where I sit there thinking "hmm, that's a muscle I don't remember having...kinda sore".

But at least it's a good sore, since I have to start changing my workouts up. I have for years been a NordiqueTrack (old ski machine) kind of guy. I enjoy that workout very much. Well, the old body has finally said enough with the fracking ski machine workouts. Try something different. So, I started treadmilling it (I do 40 minutes there on the Canyon Run setting) and I started the biking today.

I think this fall I'll start looking into training to do a "sprint" triathlon. Basically, take an Iron Man and divide it by 8. So, basically something along the lines of 0.5 mile swim, 13 mile bike and a 5k run. I've always thought about it, I think it's time I finally go after it hard.

So this fall, on top of the bike and run training I'm starting, I'll have to find a health club with a pool so I can start swimming again. I have not been in a pool for years, so I will have many of those days I started this post with.

I'll try to make an April race for my first one, since I won't be able to get serious about training until October at the earliest.

I'll also try to keep an update here on my training and diet plan (I have to lose some weight to help with the pounding on the knees from running since I'm about 30 lbs over where I should be).

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Someone is getting ambitious.

Don't know if you want/need to talk to someone that has experience with these things, but our mad scientist friend out west does. Let me know if you need/want her number.

I, too, am preparing to start a new health regime. I've got a goal to lose 60 lbs. in two years. How? Less eating, more rollerblading/walking/biking. It has started already-- but starts in ernest once my new job begins.

Good Luck to us both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home