Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Simple pleasure

Sitting around with my mom and dad, sister and her boyfriend, having a great meal (sister's boyfriend has a smoker - we had slow cooked bbq'd ribs - YUM!), talking, enjoying the sunshine and the bird's singing.

The world is good today, very good today...

Now I'm going up to continue watching the "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy with my dad. It's probably the 4th or 5th time I've watched it, but watching it with my dad is pretty special (he read the Trilogy before I did, right after I bought them for myself to read). He really taught me about being loyal and friendship. And he taught me a sense of right and wrong. And if you read the books, yes they have the undertone of Christianity, but they have an incredibly strong story of friendship. And of doing what is right, even when it's the hardest thing you've ever done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home