Sunday, June 25, 2006

Almost there...

Okay, a while back I started working on a projector based on using an overhead projector and an LCD panel from an LCD monitor.

After a couple of trials and learning efforts ( and one damaged LCD on the way there :( ), I've got it almost done.

A couple of things still left to do: 1. Try to repair the minor scratch in the OHP glass - noticeable and annoying on the screen. 2. Get a projector screen - the beige wall of my bedroom is working for the time being, but I've got to get better color and image off of a real screen vs. the wall. 3. Figure out a cabinet for this thing - I've got a couple of ideas, but I won't be able to work on those until later on (once I'm in my own place). 4. Minor item of getting the LCD panel more firmly attached to the frame I have built. 5. Minor item of getting the frame I have built more solidly attached to the OHP.

Here are some initial photos, laugh all you want, I'm pretty happy with the results so far.





The beast in action - wondering why I want some sort of cabinet yet? :)









Mario Kart 64 on the wall - sweeeeeeet!











Star Wars Battlefront on the wall - cool!

1 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are brilliant...
it would make an excellent wedding present.

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home