Saturday, June 24, 2006

Social Value Quiz


I took this survey that YSD has on her blog.

I find it interesting that I am a GenXer - I always hated that title for my generation.

It is geared toward the Canucks, so I expect it to be a bit off here and there.



It also says that I am a New Aquarian, whatever that might mean. Some of the items it lists for my group make sense, while others seem silly ("Everything changed in Seattle." - insane and silly, "Respect for education" - right on the freaking mark).

Incidence in Population

  • Proportion of Canadian population: 5 per cent
  • Proportion of Gen Xers: 14 per cent

Other Demographics

  • Mostly mirror the general population

Fundamental Motivations

Social Justice and Experience-seeking

Key Values

  • Adaptability - Yes, definitely
  • Concern for the less fortunate - Yes, definitely
  • Concern for the environment - Yes, most of the time
  • Respect for education - Yes
  • Contempt for traditional authorities - Surprisingly moreso as I get older
  • Hedonism - well, the description concerning happiness, yes, the description concerning pleasure, not so much

Words to Live By

  • There is no being, only becoming - quite true, we never really are finished as people, are we?
  • Everything changed in Seattle - no freaking way
  • No justice, no peace - I agree, without the violence this statement suggests
Icons
  • Singer Sarah McLachlan - umm, I'm sure I know her stuff, but umm, I really can't put my finger on it
  • Author Naomi Klein - who?
  • Singer/activist Jello Biafra - again, who?
  • Rap-metal group Rage Against the Machine - yep
  • Author/activist John Zerzan - who?
  • Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar - umm, NO...
  • Dead Prez - I'm thinking I don't know these folks
  • I guess what I'm saying is that I have little in common or touch with the "pop" culture of my age group

Money Orientation - This is all basically on the mark for me

Making it: I'd never do work I didn't believe in.

Spending it: When I must consume at all, I consume with conscience.

Saving it: I'm not saving much now, but when I do I'll call the shots.

Stealing it: No, thanks.

Giving it away: Environmental and social causes.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came out as a boomer and they listed me as an Autonomous Rebel-- though my dot was closer to Connected Enthusiast.

I think I'm closer to the Connected Enthusiast-- but its close. (and I've never thought of myself as a boomer.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home