Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New job....

Well, I have just been offered a position at a structural engineering firm in Appleton. Convenient that the company had an office in Appleton, huh? Maybe the universe was trying to tell me something about not getting that last job in Madtown.

I have verbally accepted the offer - hard to turn down a 5% raise, eh? Plus living in a town where the cost of living is lower, etc. This could turn out to be profitable as well as getting back to being fun going to work in the morning.

I have not written my letter of resignation from my current employer yet, so don't go blathering - you folks are the second to know, my dad was the first (oh, and those who know my mom, don't tell her I told you before her, she'd be VERY upset :) ).

I will most likely say more tomorrow, but I wanted to say:

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this very trying time for me. You really don't know how good it felt getting the comments, well wishes and phone calls about this. Very cool, I am truly blessed with good friends.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger J said...

Congratulations!!!!
They're lucky to have you.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Zeke!!!
I am so happy for you. :)

When do you get to quit the body wrenching schedule? Thanks for not going into too much detail.... ;P

Looking forward to your own apartment up in A-town, eh? By the way, if you are looking for a golf or putting buddy, I know a fun older guy just south of you...

:)
Good luck with the move and congrats again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home