Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The day after...

Well, after passing out last night to complete mental, emotional and physical exhaustion, I woke this morning feeling rather chipper.

I did go to work with a tad bit of apprehension, that someone may ask just the right question to get me thinking about Grandma and my mom again. I figured that would lead me to crying a bit and just feeling a little ugly. But instead, it started with some laughter - two of the guys are like my parents, completely orphaned now (as they put it) and they know of the difficulties of it. They were super cool to me, and I will probably never be able to express my gratitude to them for that. It let me get back into the work groove before the knucklehead questions came (let me see, I still think the best is Q:"So, how are you feeling?" A:"Well, like one of the most important people of my formative years will never give me advice again. Like she'll never be there to change the dressings on my wounds again. Like she'll never make me an amazing meal again. I'm feeling pretty shitty, thanks for asking." - I promise that I will do my damndest to never, ever ask that specific question of anyone who has just lost someone again, DUH).

Speaking of being supercool, C and C both called in the last day. C didn't get me last night, because, well, I passed out after writing my blog entry from yesterday. C got me today, and let me tell you, I have been blessed over and over with friends, but only so few would sit and listen to me blather for a long time like that.

Thank you, to both of you. I'm going to need more help, but it feels wonderful to know that my asking for help will get me some help (does that sentence make sense?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home