Thursday, April 20, 2006

Looking for a job

You know, when I finished with my first degree way back in the day, finding a job was a lot harder. You went to the job placement office and got a boatload of places that were looking to hire (no specifics, they just wanted someone with a BS/BA in such and such). Then you sent them a resume and a cover letter, trying to "personalize" a basically boiler-plated piece of paper. And if you were a poor student like me (I found that drinking and partying were worth more than reading and studying the first time around), you then got to wallpaper your room with the rejection letters, without even getting an interview.

Now (2 degrees, tons of technology and a few years wiser ;)), I go to specific companies web sites, click on their "careers" (or something similarly difficult to understand, like "job openings" :-p), and find out what they have for openings and so on. You don't have to waste time, paper and energy to send a resume to someone who has zero use for a widget maker (too bad, I'm a really good widget maker :)).

And holy Toledo, are there job openings...I did a bunch of quick "peeks" (went to the website to see, without fully reading every little detail). WOW!!! There are several companies right nearby that are looking for people like me, very cool! Plus, some of the really big companies are looking for people like me all over the country. Dad made a couple of calls and found out one company that I am very interested in working for has an opening (I confirmed online tonight) in Ewwwww Clair near the Twin Cities.

Looks like I have a bunch of resumes to work up this weekend, and online applications to fill out on Saturday during the day...I hope I get to hang with a few very good friends that night.

So it seems there is good reason to hope, so please keep those fingers crossed for me! :) Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, candle lightings, however you are helping me out, it's greatly appreciated. :)

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pal'o'mine just got a job in E C. That would be cool to have two people I know up there.

Go get 'em, dude.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sending prayers, wishes and invitations for the abundance of the universe for you.
Keep putting out those visions of finding a great job...
Remember how awesome and experienced you are!

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home