Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Home, anyone?

Well, I've done it (mostly). I made an offer to buy a home on Monday. Word came back today "Yes, we accept your offer. It is dependent upon you getting financing, so get to it, but yes, we will allow you to purchase this house for the price we agreed to."

Excited, scared, lost, found, all balled up into one knot right at the pit of my stomach. I don't have time to vomit right now, so I'll save it for later, maybe after I sign my mortgage...

Friday I go to talk with a couple of bankers - one from the place I'm buying the house from and another fairly well known bank (symbol: Stagecoach). With the offer being made by the company I'm buying the house from, I'll most likely borrow from them (let's see here - they'll buy 3/4 of a point for me and they are handing me $2000 to take care of my lease - by the end of the 30 year mortgage, that will equate to about $34000 plus interest on the savings of $80-90 per month on the loan --pretty hard to argue with that kind of financing).

When all goes well (yes, I have done enough research to say that I am probably one of the better prepared customers for a new house out there), I will close on the house in early April...so for those few readers I have, I expect to have some close friends and family over sometime in late April for a little house warming get together (yes, I am inviting you to my humble abode, something I don't do often).

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go, Z!
I've heard purchasing a home for the first time is a nausea inspiring event.
I can't wait to see the place--in fact I think I need a phone conversation to hear the details! ;)

Keep breathing and congrats. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home