Monday, April 24, 2006

Las Vegas, part drei (final installment)

Okay, now I have to do some more history.

The latest installment of American Idol started sometime in the last couple of months, right? Well, I was at work the day after the final 12 were chosen (I think that was the time frame, I don't know, I don't watch the show), and I get this comment from one of the women I work with "There is a guy on American Idol that looks like you." Please note people, if you are trying to compliment someone on their similar looks to anyone else, this is the way you phrase it, not "You look just like so and so..."(note: I am a self-centered prick, too :) as if you couldn't tell!). And while I like this woman as a co-worker, um, let's just say that I am pretty shallow when it comes to looks. So this comment gave me the shivers a bit (actually, office rumor mill has it that she has a thing for me and well, that just makes it all the more shiverfull - icky :-().

Unfortunately, I still do not have a clue as to who she was talking about. Tim or Taylor or Tim Taylor or some such name, I don't know, I don't spend my time watching said show (not my thing). Probably just the gray/silver hair (that's what someone else told me), and that's fine, I can live with that (if I couldn't, I would color).

So, onto Vegas. See my last post. I am sitting at the SAME FREAKING table that I was at in the last post. The three women who came and sat down have just left and been replaced by 5 completely OBNOXIOUS women. Standing up, shouting and squealing in voices above human hearing, but every dog in Nevada started whimpering, and well, I'm a dog :). These five women had me thinking that it's time to get up and walk away. And I was on a hot streak, up over a hundy on $5 bets. But then the following comment sealed it; from the older woman to my right - "You look just like Tim (or Taylor or whatever) on American Idol!! SQUEALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!"

I got up and left very shortly thereafter thinking "I do believe I'm not liking this character from American Idol very much."

And if you think I've watched my last American Idol show, you are right. Oh, wait, I've never watched my FIRST American Idol show.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know me, always the helpful sort.

Here is the Taylor or Tim dude.

(Since you already know what you look like, I'll forgo posting your photo here.)

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger zeke70 said...

okay, I'll give that there are some similarities (definitely the hair, definite eyebrows and decidedly goofy looking grin :)).

from that article, it sounds like he stole my dance moves, too. lucky for him he got someone else's voice (my singing sounds kind of like, oh, an out of tune boy going through puberty :)).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home