Friday, May 12, 2006

What an interesting week

Let's see here, what all happened this week?

1. I had my first phone interview for a new position. Probably not the best thing for somebody trying to sleep, since it sounds like an even better position than I originally thought. Basically, a fairly old company, has gone through it's ups and downs, and is coming out of a down period right now. They've been advertising for almost a year now, and have had (you guessed it) ONE reply that actually met their qualifications - yep, that would be ME! Sounds good on paper, but I've got to go and do a lot more digging to find out more about them (thank goodness for the world wide web). I'm trying not to be too excited...

2. I hit a snag in my projector project. Not a deal stopper, just a pain in the behind type of snag. Unless you've torn a LCD monitor apart, you wouldn't know what a FFC is, but when it isn't the right size (length mainly, then the extendor piece you ordered isn't the right width) it's a royal pain in the back side. I'm waiting on one that IS the right size after I emailed and discussed with a veteran of diy's from lumenlab.com.

3. Went out with the first guy out the door at my office (yep, like I said in a previous post, 3 possible leavings, me and two construction techs). He got a promotion inside our company and works for a different office (and a completely different boss - 25% RAISE in pay - holy toledo!). The other guy is threatening, and I don't think he'll get what he wants, so I expect him to be aimed for the door soon.

4. When we went out with the guy in 3. above, well, let's just say it was definitely a guys night out kind of thing. Beer and rauchous talk was the theme this evening. It felt good to let loose and just be a lot "basic" with the guys. I would definitely say this was not a professional discussion. Pretty relaxing to just let it all hang out and not sweat anything that might be said. I don't want to say I should do that every weekend, but I should definitely increase the frequency.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!

Good luck with the job. Hope it works out for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home