Thursday, April 27, 2006

You've got to be kidding, right?

Okay, I think everyone who knows me well, knows that I am pretty darn tight with my money. I believe I said painfully frugal in an earlier post.

My boss and company have outdone me. Here is the email from our adminstrative assistant (names have been removed to protect the guilty):

Hello all!

We have come up with an idea for the Summer Picnic. A Brewers game. The tentative date is September 21 against the San Francisco Giants. Select BP and Amoco gas stations are having a promotion that for every 8 gallons of gas per vehicle per day you get a stamp on the “C’mon Back Club” card. After every 5 stamps you can turn the card in for one free Terrace Level ticket at Miller Park. So we are going to try this. So I’m asking you to try to fill up as much as you can at a BP or Amoco gas station. Below (sorted by city) is a list of participating gas stations. Construction people please use this as a guide when out in the field. Any questions or something doesn’t make sense please let me know. Thanks. You can also check the website www.cmonbackclub.com .


I was left flabbergasted. This is so incredibly cheesy, I just don't know what to say. I started laughing, really hard, the second I read it. It's wrong on so many levels...1. Not everyone wants to spend time at a baseball game (I am already on the "NO" list). 2. What, the company made a couple million in profit last year, so we can't afford $600 in baseball tickets... 3. Why should I buy gasoline for my personal vehicle at an out of the way station? 4. Why go to a baseball game, where, in my experience, you don't talk that much with the people around you? 5. Why change the party from last year's idea? (a picnic where you all bring food yourself, and you actually TALK to the people you work with outside of work)

I just don't get it...

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger J said...

Dude. You so need a new job.
Anybody asking you to be on a fill-er-up plan doesn't deserve you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home